Lion's Chase 5K Obstacle Race
WhereCorbin, KY - 11220 Cumberland Falls HWY
WhenSeptember 12, 2020- 8:30 AM
1. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
2. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
3. Tire Hurdle #1- Jump over a 6ft tall tire hurdle with a 20 ft. running start.
4. Log Jump #1 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
5. Log Jump #2 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
6. Log Jump #3 – Jump over a large log lying on the ground.
7. Spike Wall Crawl Under – Crawl through mud under a 2ft high spike wall.
8. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
9. Balance Beam- Walk across four 4inch wide beams suspended 1ft from the ground.
10. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through a creek.
11. Tractor Tire Flip- Flip a large tractor tire three times.
12. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
13. Tire Wall Climb – Climb over a 6ft tire wall.
14. Lion’s Tail- Climb up a sheer rock wall approximately 25 feet high with the assistance of a rope secured at the top of the wall.
15. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
16. Log Over / Under- Crawl under and over 15 logs laying across a creek bed.
17. Sisyphus’ Boulder Carry- Carry a concrete block up and down a designated circle path, and then return the concrete block to its original point of origin.
18. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
19. Ladder 45- Climb up a 45 degree ladder then jump off 4ft to the ground.
20. Log Hurdle- Jump over a 3ft. high log wall hurtle.
21. Cargo Net Climb-Climb up a cargo net suspended between two trees and ring the bell at the top.
22. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
23. Ravine Jump- Jump over a ravine.
24. Incline Climb- Climb up a steep incline.
25. View From the Top- As you emerge from the forest and enter the logging area your will see a view that is Breath Taking!
26. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
27. Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls that will leave your lungs and calves burning.
28. Parallel Wall Climb- Maneuver across a parallel wall suspended above a pool of water.
29. Trench Jump – Jump over or climb in and out of six 4ft deep trenches.
30. Lion’s Den - Crawl through a 3ft wide, 3ft deep, 30 ft long ditch filled with mud and water with barb wire is suspended overhead.
31. Sand Bag Carry- Carry a sand bag up and down a designated circle path, and then return the sand bag to its original point of origin.
32. Rope Crawl- Maneuver across a 25ft rope suspended 9ft above a pool of water using your hands and feet.
33. More Moguls of Misery- Climb up and down a series of dirt moguls.
34. Rope Climb- Ascend up a 12ft climbing rope and ring a cowbell at the top.
35. Lion’s Bridge- Cross a pond on a wire suspended 3ft above the water for your feet and another rope suspended 9ft above the water for your hands.
36. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
37. Lion's Podium - Climb over a 5ft wall onto a platform, over a 4ft wall onto a 10ft platform, and then down the backside of the podium.
38. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
39. Log Carry- Carry a log up and down a designated circle path, and then return the log to its original point of origin.
40. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
41. Tire Wall Climb – Climb over a 4ft tire wall.
42. Log Cross- Walk or run if you dare across a 15ft log suspended over a rocky creek.
43. Steep Decline- Climb down a steep bank into a creek.
44. Creek Run - Run through a creek for 100 yards.
45. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 10ft wall. This wall is suspended between two trees and will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
46. Tire Run – High step through 40 yards of tires.
47. Creek Jump- Jump over or run through the creek.
48. Slanted Rock Climb- Climb up a Slippery Rock that is slanted at a 45 degree angle.
49. Chest High Beam Climb- Climb over a beam that is 5ft off the ground.
50. Tire Run – High step through 40 yards of tires.
51. Lion’s Rings- Maneuver across 15ft of rings suspended 9ft over a rocky creek.
52. Log Pull – Pull a log from the ground up to a log suspended 10ft. in the air.
53. Ramp Up- Run up a steep incline and ramp up for the finish. Everyone will be watching you after this obstacle, so use it to ramp up and finish strong.
54. Tunnel Crawl- Crawl under a 3ft wide, 2ft high, and 15ft long wooden structure through dirt and mud.
55. Lion Wall Hurdle – Climb over a 4ft tall Lion’s Chase Wall.
56. Climbing Wall- Climb up a 15ft high flat wall with the assistance of wooden hand holds. The back side will have slats across for an easy climb down.
57. Lion Bars- Go through a set of monkey bars.
58. Lion’s Fence- Climb over a 15ft wall. This wall will have slats to be used for hand and foot holds.
$40 until 11:59pm Wednesday May 20, 2020
$45 until 11:59pm Wednesday June 10, 2020
$50 until 11:59pm Wendnesday July 8, 2020
$55 until 11:59pm Wednesday August 12, 2020
$60 until 11:59pm Wednesday August 26, 2020
$65 until 11:59pm Wednesday September 9, 2020
$80 on Race Day Saturday September 12, 2020
Individual Divisions for men and women:
Men’s Open Division (Teams are comprised of Men of all Ages)
Women’s Open Division (Teams are comprised of Women of all Ages)
Co-Ed Open Division (Teams are comprised of Men and Women of all Ages, The top 2 men, top 2 women, and 3rd best of either gender will make up the team score)
Church Division (Teams are comprised Men & Women who attend the same Church)
Work Group Division (Teams are comprised of Men & Women who work together)
Relay for Life Division (Teams are comprised of Men & Women who work together to raise money for Relay for Life and American Cancer Society)
*All competitors are individually timed, but may choose to join with other participants to form a team. Teams may be as large as you would like but only the top 5 times will be counted toward your team time. Team members DO NOT need to run in the same wave time to be part of a team. Each wave consists of people from every age division. You may register for any available wave regardless of your age. Just choose the time you’d prefer to race when registering.
The awards ceremony will take place at 5:00pm on race day recognizing the day's:
Top 3 overall male and female participants. (Overall Winners are not eligible for age division awards)
Top 3 males and females in each age division.
Best costume contest.
Age division awards are determined based on one's age on race day.
All awards are based on the official net time.
Best Team Costume
1st Place Men's Team
1st Place Women's Team
1st Place Co-Ed Team
1st Place Church Team Division
1st Place Relay for Life Team Division
1st Place Work Group Division
1st Place Overall
First place overall will win a custom engraved Lion's Chase Sword with Lion Head Hilt and display case.
Top Three Overall
The top three overall times for both males and females win a custom engraved Lion trophy and other prizes.
Age Division Winners
The 1st place finisher from each age division will win a custom engraved plaque. The 2nd and 3rd place finishers from each age division will win a framed personalized Lion's Chase certificate.
Individual and Team Costumes
Costumes are highly encouraged! Contestants will be voted on by race staff and judged as the day goes on. The best costume wins a custom engraved plaque.
The 1st place team in each division will receive a custom engraved Lion's Chase Plaque.
Lion’s Chase is a Faith Based organization that partners with local organizations to raise funds for worthy causes. The upcoming Lion's Chase in Corbin, KY will donate a portion of the entry fee proceeds to Relay For Life of Corbin and the American Cancer Society. Relay For Life funds cancer research and provides hope for those who are battling this terrible disease.
Lion's Chase is a 5k Obstacle Race that will test your resilience, strength, stamina, quick decision making skills, ability to laugh in the face of adversity, and heart! If you have tried trail races, mud runs, or a warrior dash, it's time to see if you truly have the heart of a Lion.