Genesis Running 5k Fall Class
WhereCharleston, Hurricane, Huntington, Barboursville, Princeton, WV - Magic Island, Valley Park, Ritter Park, Barboursville City Park, and Princeton Senior High
WhenOctober 3, 2017 - 6:00 PM
What: This is a 9 week training program starting Tuesday, October 3rd to prepare for a 5k on Saturday, December 2nd. The program is intended for walkers, new runners, and Genesis graduates. For new runners no prior running experience is required.
When: Group training sessions are each week for the 9 week period on Tuesdays
- Magic Island in Charleston at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane led at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane at 9:00 am (women only)
- Barboursville City Park at 6:00 pm
- Huntington Ritter Park TBD
- Princeton at the Princeton Senior High Track at 6:00 pm
- Virtual Class- Train where you are on your own or with a group of friends. All instruction is delivered online through emails and video ($65).
Where: You have several locations to choose from in Charleston, Teays Valley, Huntington, Barboursville and Princeton.. The rest of each week’s training is done where ever you want—in your neighborhood, park or at a local track.
What you get: For a non-refundable $85 for general admission, $75 for Genesis Grads, $25 for kids 17 and under, and $60 for military, first responders and family.
- Weekly group coaching session
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly tips and comments from the coach
- Genesis team T-Shirt
- Instruction on form, injury prevention, shoes and nutrition
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and training buddies
- Thorough race day preparation
Financial need scholarships are available, just ask the coach.
Please visit genesisrunning.com for all the information.