Jule Huffman Memorial 5K Run/Walk for the Kids
4:00 PM on 09/15/2017
WhereBarboursville, WV - Barboursville Park
WhenSeptember 16, 2017 - 8:00 AM
- $25 registration by September 15
- $30 Race day registration
- Children receiving services at the Scottish Rite Clinic register for free.
Male and Female : Under 12, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Top overall female finisher
top overall male finisher
top 2 finshers in each age group
The Jule Huffman Memorial 5K Walk/Run benefits the children receiving speech-language-hearing services at the Scottish Rite Childhood Language Center at Marshall University.
Scottish Rite Childhood Speech and Language Program
Our Mission: Helping Children Communicate
The Scottish Rite Childhood Speech and Language Program at Marshall was founded in March 2002 as a part of the Marshall University Speech and Hearing Center (MUSHC). In 2012 the program name was changed to the Lackey-Oshel Rite Care Clinic to honor the program founders, Ill. James H. Lackey 33° and Ill. H. Pat Oshel 33°.
The program provides a unique opportunity for children in the tri-state to develop communication skills needed to succeed in life in a supportive, compassionate atmosphere. The mission of the program is to provide financial assistance for speech, language and hearing service provision for children. The program is sponsored by the Huntington Scottish Rite of Freemasonry Foundation, Inc. The non-profit foundation relies on fundraising activities and donations to provide financial support for the program.
- Online registration closes at 12pm on Friday, September 15th. Participants may register in person the early packet pick up or the morning of the event with cash/check/money order made payable to The Scottish Rite Foundation.
- 7:00AM - Race Day Registration & Packet Pick Up - OPEN at the shelter near the Start/Finish Location
- All participants who register thru Monday, September 11, will receive a FREE event t-shirt that will be available for pick up the day of the event. T-shirts for participants signing up after September 11 will be on a first come - first served basis, as supplies last. Shirts are still available for race day registrations.