Ridge to River 4 & 10 Mile Trail Race
WhereBarboursville, WV - West Virginia
WhenJune 3, 2017 - 8:00 AM
What4 miles or 10 miles
The 10 Mile Trail Run course encompasses a little something for everyone. The first four miles are truly a woodsman delight as the course takes the runner through deep woods and game trails. The end of the fourth mile culminates in the arrival of the river trail and the first hydration station. The river trail is both fast and flat. The river trail will exit to the second hydration and aid station. The final 3.5 miles is primarily flat with only one challenging hill to traverse. Once uphill, breathtaking scenery awaits the runner as the trail overlooks the valley portion of Barboursville Park. There is one remaining hydration station at mile 8.5. The last eight tenths of a mile is downhill. The course of the 4 Mile Trail Run will be the first 4 miles of the 10 mile trail run. As a warning to prospective runners, the first eight tenths of a mile is uphill and can prove challenging but rewarding. There is no hydration station on the 4 mile course.
The price beginning March 1 is $25 for the 4 miler, $30 for the 10 miler. Online registration closes and the entry fees increases $5 on Monday, May 29th.
Awards will be given to the Top 3 Male and Female finishers of both races. All other pre-registered runners will be entered into a raffle for one of our numerous door prizes
EXTRAS – We will once again offer a post-race pancake breakfast FREE to all participants. Be sure to check the door prize poster after the race too!
PACKET PICKUP/ LATE REGISTRATION– Runners can pick up their packets at Robert’s Running Shop in Huntington on Friday June 2nd from 11am-6pm. You can also register for the race at this time.
SHIRTS – Runners will receive a race shirt. **Entries must be sent before May 13th to guarantee a size** Shirts are a very soft tri-blend, unisex sizing, XS-XXL. If you are between sizes, we suggest sizing up.
DIRECTIONS TO BARBOURSVILLE PARK – Race begins at Lake William
Directions from I-64
• From I-64, take the Merritt’s Creek Exit (Exit 18), turn left at the light if coming from Charleston -I-64 W, right at the light if coming from Huntington – I-64E.
• Turn Right at the next light turning onto Rt. 60
• Go about 400m on Rt. 60 and turn left at first turn, Water Street (Right past large train underpass)
• Go on Water Street till light, turn left onto Main Street.
• Go on Main Street for 1 block until stop light
• Turn Right onto Central Ave
• Stay on Central Ave around the corner, under the viaduct and out until you get to Lee St (First stop sign)
• Turn Left onto Lee Street
• Take Lee Street until you connect with College Ave (Martha Rd) and turn Right onto it.
• You will pass by the Barboursville Middle school and it will take you uphill.
• Barboursville Park is on the Right on the hill
• Once turning into the park, continue over the hill until you find the large lake at the end of the road. It will be 1 mile from the main road. You can park in paved parking lot by the lake. Overflow parking will be in between the tennis courts.