Genesis 5k Training Spring Season
WhereCharleston, Hurricane, Barboursville, Huntington, Princeton, Virtual Training (where ever you are), WV - Charleston , Teays Valley, Barboursville, Huntington, Princeton, Virtual Training
WhenApril 25, 2017 - 6:00 PM
$85 General Admission $75 Genesis Alumni $25 children 14 and under with parent
Genesis Running supports Young Life. Additional donations go directly to Young LIfe.
Since 2007 Genesis has prepared new runners to run their first 5k and has helped experienced runners run their fastest 5k. Through a coaching program of thorough preparation, incremental training and accountability from a coach and other participants, runners gain the confidence and preparation they need to finish their first event.
What: This is a 9 week training program starting Tuesday, April 25th to prepare for a 5k on Saturday, June 24th. The program is intended for beginner runners, walkers, and Genesis graduates. For new runners, no prior running experience is required.
When: Group training sessions are each week on Tuesdays for the 9 week period.
Where: There are multiple locations to choose from:
- Magic Island in Charleston led by Matt Young at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane led by Jason Francis at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane led by Ann Marie Young at 10:00 am
- Barboursville City Park led by Jessica Hodge at 6:00 pm
- Ritter Park Playground in Huntington led by Josh Sowards at 6:00 pm
- Princeton High School in Princeton led by David Kephart at 6:00 pm
- Virtual Class- Train where ever you are on your own for with a friend. All instruction is delivered via email and videos. ($65)
The rest of each week’s training is done where ever you want—in your neighborhood, park or at a local track.
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful
- Weekly group coaching sessions
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach
- Dri-fit style team T-Shirt
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and training buddies
- Thorough race day preparation
General Admission is a non-refundable $85 for adults and $25 for kids 14 and under that attend with an adult. Virtual class is $65. Genesis grads enter code grad for a discount. All military and first responders enter code service for a discounted rate.
Genesis Running supports Young Life. Any donations go directly to Young Life.
visit www.genesisrunning.com for more information