Dirty Leprechaun OCR Challenge
WhereCharleston, WV - Capital High School Obstacle Challenge Course
WhenMarch 9, 2019 - 10:00 AM
What5k Obstacle Course Challenge
Experience a military-style obstacle course mixed with double & single track 5k trail run at the Innuagural Dirty Leprachan OCR Challenge.
- Competitive and casual (Open) heats are available for athletes of all fitness levels.
- Participants in the High School & Elite heats will be required to complete each obstacle
- Participants in the Open heats will have the option to bypass any obstacle that they feel may be outside of their capabilities
- Register as an individual or run as a team of up to five people.
- Additional Events include:
- Pull Up Competition
- Tire Flip Challenge
- The course will begin and end in the festival area and will feature a number of military-style obstacles including Reverse Climb; Swing, Stop & Jump; Weaver; Tire Run; Inclined Wall; Belly Crawl; Six Vaults, etc (see picutres below)
* This inagural event will be hosted at the Capital High School JROTC Cougar Battalion Challenge Course (The largest military Obstacle course in the state of WV) and will benefit both the Capital High JROTC and the Putnam County Storm Lacrosse Team. Concessions & music will be available at the festival area
High School / 18 & under - $35 individual / $25 as part of a team of at least five
Adult - $50 individual / $40 as part of a team of at least five
Age classifications: 40+, 19-39, 18 & under
Divisions: High School, Elite, Open
- Awards will be give for the High School division 1st, 2nd, 3rd place Male /Female finishers & the Elite division 1st, 2nd, 3rd place Male/Female finishers.
- All finishers receive a unique, custom made Dirty Leprechaun race shirt.
- Awards for teams will be derived from the lowest time of that team member. Team members may run in different heats. Team racers will also be eligible for individual awards.
- Team Awards for top 3 teams.
- Most Tire flips in 60 seconds receives Award. (Optional event)
- Most Pull ups receive Award. (Optional Event)
The Putnam County Storm Lacrosse team is not financially supported by any county or high school, therefore, our sports budget is not adequate to cover the full amount of our team's expenses. We are raising money for use of facilities, scholarships for players who cannot afford equipment or uniforms, and for coaching/continuing education for our players. We do not turn anyone away that wants to play! We take todays youth to develop good habits, plenty of exercise, discipline, control, as well as learning and growing the sport of lacrosse. Like JROTC, we travel to away games and must provide transportation and food for our athletes.
The Army JROTC has a mission to motivate young people to be better citizens and must raise money every year to accomplish this mission. We often travel to competitions and field trips and provide food, shelter, and transportation to such events/trips for our participants.
We encourage donations to both of these GREAT programs! Thank you!
Event parking located at Capital High School, $5 per car