Genesis Running Summer 5k Class
12:00 AM on 07/22/2018
WhereCharleston, Hurricane, Huntington, Princeton, Eleanor, WV - Magic Island, Valley Park, Ritter Park, Princeton, Eleanor
WhenJuly 2, 2018- 6:00 PM
$90 General Admission
$25 kids 14 and under with an adult
$80 Genesis alumni
$50 military, first responders and family members
Please list a complete listing of all age groups that you will be giving awards to.
What: This is a 9 week training program starting Monday, July 2nd to prepare for the Charleston Distance Run 5k on Saturday, September 1st. The program is intended for beginner runners, walkers, and Genesis graduates. For new runners, no prior running experience is required.
When: Group training sessions are each week on Mondays for the 9 week period.
Where: There are multiple locations to choose from:
- Magic Island in Charleston at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane 6:00 pm
- Huntington at Ritter Park at 6:00 pm
- Princeton and Princeton Senior High Track at 6:00 pm
- Eleanor at Winfield Locks and Dam at 6:00 pm
- Virtual Class- Train where you are on your own or with a group of friends. All instruction is delivered online through emails and video ($65).
The rest of each week’s training is done where ever you want—in your neighborhood, park or at a local track.
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful
- Weekly group coaching sessions
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach
- Dri-fit style team T-Shirt
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and training buddies
- Thorough race day preparation
General Admission is a non-refundable $90 for adults and $25 for kids 14 and under that attend with an adult. Genesis alumni are $80 and all military and first responders and family members are $50.