Genesis 5k Training Spring Season
WhereCharleston, Hurricane, Huntington, Princeton, Morgantown, Lewisburg, Eleanor, and Virtual Training (where ever you are), WV - Charleston , Hurricane, Huntington, Princeton, Morgantown, Lewisburg, Eleanor, and Virtual Training
WhenMay 1, 2018 - 6:00 PM
Since 2007 Genesis has prepared new runners to run their first 5k and has helped experienced runners run their fastest 5k. Through a coaching program of thorough preparation, incremental training and accountability from a coach and other participants, runners gain the confidence and preparation they need to finish their first event.
What: This is a 9 week training program starting Tuesday, May 1st to prepare for a 5k on or around June 29th depending on your class location. The program is intended for beginner runners. Walkers and Genesis graduates will also have plans to follow. For new runners, no prior running experience is required.
When: Group training sessions are each week on Tuesdays for the 9 week period.
Where: There are multiple locations to choose from:
- Magic Island in Charleston led by Matt Young at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane led by Jason Francis at 6:00 pm
- Valley Park in Hurricane led by Ann Marie Young at 9:00 am
- Ritter Park Playground in Huntington led by Josh Sowards at 6:00 pm
- Princeton High School in Princeton led by David Kephart at 6:00 pm
- Morgantown at the Cue led by Tim Gray at 6:00 pm
- Lewisburg led by Jim Morris at 6:00 pm
- Eleanor City Park led by Pam Mays at 6:00 pm
- Virtual Class- Train where ever you are on your own for with a friend. All instruction is delivered via email and videos. ($65)
The rest of each week’s training is done where ever you want—in your neighborhood, park or at a local track.
What you get:
- A proven program to make new runners successful
- Weekly group coaching sessions
- Day-by-day program to follow with weekly written lessons and video instruction from the coach
- Dri-fit style team T-Shirt
- Instruction on good running form, injury prevention, and nutrition for runners
- The motivation that comes from having a coach and training buddies
- Thorough race day preparation
General Admission is a non-refundable for early registration up to April 24th and is $90 for new runners, $80 for Genesis Alumni,$25 for kids 16 and under with an adult. Military, Police, Firefighter and all first responders and families are $50. After early registration expires on April 24th the price goes up $10 per category.
visit www.genesisrunning.com for more information